Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Well, this week has been pretty weird. I haven't been at the normal level of busy-ness, so I think my brain's turned off a little. But more on that later.
Got the new project for Eng 198--it turns out that it's mostly stuff with circuits. It's pretty neat: we're planning on building an alarm clock with the arduino, and at when the time runs out, our project will play the "Imperial March" from Star Wars. To be completely honest, though, I am completely in the dark about that kind of stuff. It's humbling to go into class and not really have much to contribute. It's all good, though, because different people have different strengths. I'm sure that I can help somehow; an opportunity just hasn't presented itself yet.
So because I've been flaking out a little this past week (forgetting things, responding late to e-mails, etc.), a friend and I decided to go to a stress-relief fair. It was pretty fun; there were crafts, games, food, and activities about how to relieve stress. I made a stress-ball. Later on, I realized that I had left my calculator in Altgeld Hall. I was pretty glad that I had made a stress-ball at that point. Right now, I'm working on my to-do list for tomorrow, and I had to add, "Find calculator." Not cool.
Back to iFoundry stuff. The iCheckpoint was last week. It was informative. I keep wondering if AED should be doing a sweet project like all the other groups are. So I've been asking different folks about it, and they've told me, "If what you're team is doing works, don't mess it up," in so many words. So...I guess we'll just continue with service, our iCOAs, and more social events. After the iCheckpoint, I kind of felt that maybe I should be doing more as an iChair, like setting up committees and finding more project opportunities and the like. I feel like I let the team down. Guess we'll see what happens at the meeting tomorrow.
Woah, this post is kind of a bummer. That's not good. How about some news from other iChairs? Kevin Wolz had a really premium idea for iFoundry: he suggested that iFoundry students should give presentations about what they're passionate about, perhaps at a lunch or dinner function. The presentation content is only dependant on what the passion is, like running, chess, trains, etc. I think it's a great idea! I can't wait to learn about what people are interested in!
Ending on a good note: Illinites this Friday! And Halloween next Saturday! I'm so excited; Halloween's my favorite holiday!
That's about all I have time for now. Until next time, keep your stick on the ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment