Saturday, October 3, 2009

S'mores, Dr. Who, and iFoundry books

Well, today I was checking my e-mail and got a list of all the other blogs that iFoundry students are doing. Curious, I checked out a couple of them. I realized that my blog, quantitatively speaking, is huge, which basically means I am a nerd and have no life. Ah, college life! On the plus side, WIMSE (Women in Math, Science, and Engineering) had a s'mores night tonight, and that was fun. I just ended up telling scary stories to my friends and marveling at the stories that they told. Also, I watched some Dr. Who with a friend this evening, and that was really cool. Um...as to iFoundry, I guess this would be a good time to briefly discuss my views on the course reading material. I like both The Entrepreneurial Engineer and The Back of the Napkin. I think they both have pretty interesting material and are somewhat entertaining to boot (not in the punting sense). They're also both easy to follow, which I appreciate. I have to admit, The Back of the Napkin is my favorite because it is pithy and has pictures. On a previous post, I ranted a little about how the coursework seems directed at people who have already honed their technical skills, such as upperclassmen or people already out in the work force. With the readings, that skewed perspective doesn't seem as prevalent. I feel like I can use some of the techniques in both of the books for group projects and other school stuff.
As a side note, I learned in World Religions class today that Winnie the Pooh is pretty much a Dao Master. He just "goes with the flow," so to speak. This week, I'll try to channel my inner Winnie the Pooh and see how far that gets me.
Well, that's about all the insights I have for now. Until next time, keep your stick on the ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment