Wednesday, September 23, 2009

AED meeting

Well, today was interesting. In Eng 198, we learned how to write--business-style. In other words, it was business time *cue music from "Flight of the Concords". Seriously though, we learned some sweet stuff, like how to conquer writer's block, and that business people are busy, so they want concise, pithy documents. My favorite part of class would have to have been the freewrite, because all I did was a stream of consciousness, with such useful insights as, "I like cereal" and "I wonder what my roommate's up to."
Also, we had an AED meeting today. At first, I was a bit dismayed because there was only maybe 12 people. But we were able to get some important things ironed out. I think there was actually a bit more group participation than usual, too. This could have been due to the small group size, but I don't really know for sure. Here's some of the stuff that we decided on:
1). Let's focus on the iCheckpoint before going into heavy stuff like a design competition or designing a product.
2). Let's work in Jim's new lab because it's awesome and we can get inspired from it.
3). Let's make a list of topics for Gerry from Motorola so that he'll have something to talk to us about when he visits us next week.
4). Let's mob ECS on Friday.
4). Let's go to iHop on Saturday at 3am.
OK, so maybe the last point wasn't really too important. But I think we are on the right track, as opposed to not being on a track at all.
Afterwards, I ate dinner with some of the other AED guys, and that was fun. I feel that I don't really get to hang out with them too often outside of class, so I was glad I went.
That's all the exciting things that are going on in my life right now. So until next time, keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment