Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sick days

Today, I took a sick day off from work. I was kind of bummed, to be honest. Work is good; it keeps me focused and alert. Plus, I get paid, which is definitely a plus. :) But unfortunately, I was running a fever today and was completely exhausted.
One of the reasons why I hate getting sick--besides the awful feeling of being sick in general--is that my mind usually is still on full-throttle. My brain reminds me of all the things that I have to do, basically of the mountain of work that I have ahead of me. But my body absolutely refuses to work on any of that. It's so lazy; it just wants to stay in bed all day and recooperate (I dont' think that's a word, actually). So it's like I'm arguing with myself, a little.
But enough whining. Christmas was good--got to be with the family, see a few friends, get some nice gifts. This year, like every year, it was my job to make all the cookies. It took way longer than usual, for some reason. I could only get out about a batch a day, and that was at full-tilt. But they got made, and that's what's important.
Well, that's about all I got for now. Hope you had a great holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment