Thursday, December 17, 2009

Exams...

Well, today was pretty interesting. I had my world religions exam, and I studied for my physics exam, which is tomorrow at 8am. That's going to be awesome, let me tell you. It's been a bit frusterating, trying to study for that exam. For example, there were office hours posted online, but TA's didn't show up to about half of them. I got a little peeved, because I felt that this was false advertising. As long as I'm on a rant, I wish that the physics exams only had variable-based answers. I feel that half the test is just a test of calculator skills, but maybe that's just me.
In a non-related physics rant, the people behind me are driving me absolutely nuts. It's some chick and her guy friend, and the girl has her music turned up ALL THE WAY! Now, as much as I enjoy overplayed, autotuned Top-Forty "music," I don't really appreciate it while I'm attempting to study for my last exam. Especially when she decides to sing along with it *shudder*. On top of that, her boy toy is taking up a computer, which, by the way, are meant exclusively for WIMSE students (who have to pay extra to use them). He comes up about a chromosome short, among other things.
As angry as I sound, I'm actually laughing while I'm typing this. The great thing about computer labs is that people are basically secluded in their own little bubbles, with no regards as to what the person RIGHT BEHIND THEM is typing. Oh, I am malicious. But really, the joke's on me. I'm the one wasting my time complaining, so I guess they've won the war.
I've done pretty well on my exams so far. The only thing that's really getting to me is the decline in person-to-person contact. Most of my friends left today or yesterday, for instance. It's kind of lonely, to be completely honest. But that's okay, because soon I'll leave for home, where I can hang out with old friends. That'll be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment